Siesta Key Beach in Sarasota, FL, is named the #1 Beach in America
Posted by Bill True on
Siesta Beach, Sarasota, Florida, has been named the number one beach in the 21st annual Top 10 Beach List
This list is produced by coastal expert Dr. Stephen Leatherman (aka Dr. Beach), Director of the Laboratory for Coastal Research at Florida International University.
The reasons for this honor include:
1) The Sand. "Siesta Beach in Sarasota boasts that it has the finest and whitest sand in the world."
2) The Water. "The beautiful blue-colored water is clean and clear, making it so inviting to bathers and swimmers."
3) The Waves. "Waves at Siesta Beach are normally measured in inches and the beach gradually slopes into the Gulf waters, making it a very safe area for children.
4) The Size. "The beach is hundreds of yards wide, attracting volleyball players and beachcombers as well as those who just want to find their place in the sun.
5) The Amenities. "This beach park is complete with showers and bathrooms, snack bars, grills, picnic tables, shade trees, and a large parking area..."
6) Smoke-Free. "Siesta Beach is a smokeless beach, earning extra points for cleanliness and environmental management."
At True Sarasota Real Estate, we couldn't agree more with Dr. Beach. As Exclusive Buyer Agents for Sarasota Real Estate, we're ready to give you a tour of the best beach homes for sale and waterfront properties of Siesta Key, Lido Key, Bird Key, Casey Key, Longboat Key, and the surrounding areas. Enjoy a webcam of beautiful Siesta Key and virtual tour of Siesta Key.